As Senior Digital Expert at the german branch of BNP Paribas Cardif Markus is contributing to the digital transformation and the organizations digital ecosystem. Daily tasks include website optimization projects, onlinemarketing, web analytics, projectmanagement and digital innovations. Working as a digital professional in the finance industry means pushing digital strategies and agile methods into a conservative environment, with heavy regulations, legal restrictions and challenges due to rapidly changing markets.
Markus Krause worked with the full service e-commerce outsourcing provider asknet AG in Karlsruhe, Germany from 2008 – 2014, gaining years of experience in ecommerce and digital business. asknet is one of the leading international onlineshop providers for software and merchandising companies.
Please see my LinkedIn Profile here: LinkedIn – Profile of Markus Krause
My favourite Digital topics:
- Digital Transformation: Many organizations face new challenges due to the rise of connected devices. People change behaviors, use different interfaces, new distribution channel are growing. A digital transformation strategy is essential for many corporations, especially in the old-fashioned finance industry. Success and survival in the digital world is determined by the ability to adapt to new trends and re-invent the business. Differentiation by speed.
- Mobile: the rise of mobile changes whole industries. And the change is real. Budgets move from classic desktop software to App Markets, people start using mobile devices to order online, do their research in advance to a purchase, receive marketing emails on it, … Well, it is a huge topic. I have executed several mobile projects and work continuously on getting the appropiate attention of the corporations to this topic.
- Market Entry Strategy: As the Account Manager for the european merchandise onlineshop of the well-known Broadcaster HBO from the US, I have worked on marketing strategies for TV shows like Game of Thrones, Sex and the City, The Sopranos, True Blood. These shows are becoming more and more popular. It was an exciting and challenging task to serve all Online Marketing Channels in different european countries: Search Engine Marketing (SEM with PPC campaigns), Email Marketing with weekly newsletters, SEO Optimization and Affiliate Marketing. In the end I succeeded in establishing the new shop in the different countries. I leveraged the marketing strategy and brought sales to profitability. Further, I trained fellow Marketers on how to succeed with Onlinemarketing.
I love results and getting things done and bring that extra portion of entrepreneurial spirit.
- Graduate in Business Administration – Betriebswirt (VWA), 2006-2010 at VWA Karlsruhe
- Management Assistant in IT-Systems – IT-Systemkaufmann, 2003-2006 at Deutsche Telekom AG
- LifeRay Platform
- Adobe Omniture Sitecatalyst (now Marketing Cloud)
- A/B Tasty, Optimizely, A/B Test Tools
- Asana, Trello
- RapidMiner Analysis, Oracle BI Publisher
- Google Analytics, AdWords, Webmastertools, Google Tag Manager
- Teradata eCircle eC-Messenger, Mailchimp, Mailingwork.de
- Sistrix SEO Toolbox
- Prototyper, Balsamiq, Moqups
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Dreamweaver, Camtasia Studio
- WordPress, Drupal, Typo3, ePages, Concrete CMS
- Microsoft Excel (incl. Pivot), Access, Word, Powerpoint
Skills & Special Knowledge
- Grow revenue in online shops
- Web technologies and innovation strategy
- Deep knowledge of the ecommerce & bancassurance industry
- Translate needs of customers and markets in technical requirements
- Usability, Wireframing, Prototyping
- Subscriptions, renewal and payment
- Set up, monitor and finetune SEM PPC campaigns
- SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Emailmarketing
- Reporting, Analysis with MS Access, Excel, Pivot and more
- Creating and maintaining long-term business partnerships
- Evaluate partners and opportunities
- Habits and expectations of onlineshoppers worldwide
- Global reach, but local approach: payment methods, currencies, specialities, etc.
- Project Management in the software industry
- Product Management, Platform, cloud products
- Mobile Devices & Mobile Shopping Carts
- Fluent in German and English